Computer Engineering is a very vast discipline. The course trains the students of the basics and different aspects of computer engineering. It includes fundamentals of computer systems, computer organization, networking, database management systems, digital electronics, operating system, programming languages, web designing, multimedia applications, concepts of software engineering as well as hardware engineering.
The Computer Engineering Professionals can work as a computer programmer, systems analyst, software developer, hardware engineer, IT consultant, system engineer, IT specialist, networking engineer, database administrator, web developer, mobility tester, programmer, software tester and execute various other job profiles.
Here at Govt. Polytechnic Sonipat, We believe in approach to Teaching- Learning, coupled with practical experience gained during Industrial training in reputed organization, equips our students to handle the challenges posed by the software industry due to vast changes in trends and technologies.
Computer Department has been awarded as “The Best Department” at Govt. Polytechnic Sonipat and has been honored by Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, Deen Bandhu Chotu Ram University of Science &Technology, Murthal, Sonipat in Annual Prize Distribution Function 2022.
To Develop Globally Competitive Technocrats through Excellence in Technical
Education and Extensive Team Work and above all to make them Good Human Being to
Serve as a Valuable Resource for the Society.
- To impart and inculcate both Theoretical as well as Practical Knowledge in
- To Develop Competent Professionals who are Proficient in Analysis, Design and
Implementation of Broadly - Defined Computer Problems.
- To Create Confident Youth with a Sense of Duty, Discipline and Responsibility.
PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO’s)
- To encourage students to use their Practical, Computer and Analytical Skills to
build Industry-Ready Engineers to solve Multi - Disciplinary Sustainable Projects.
- To keep abreast the students with the use of Modern Equipments and Software
and inculcating the Habit of Life Long Learning.
- To equip students with Academics, Innovative environment for a Successful
Career as Computer Engineer and Entrepreneurs.
- To prepare the students to work as a Committed Professionals with strong
Professional Ethics & Value, Societal Cultural and Environmental Issues.
- To encourage and guide the students for Higher Studies and to enhance their Self -
Confidence and Soft Skills.